Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Franklin-Camp trip

My life is so busy right now.  I can't believe I ever had time to do things like shower and fix hair.  That seems so so long ago.  My days consist of putting out fires constantly and there is never a moment in between.  

The kids are out for summer and it's both good and bad.  Mostly good.  I like having them around.  Both my older girls are nice company and Will has gone right back to his "old" self, just playing all day and being a sweetie.  Wyatt on the other hand....  He is on the cusp of a complete vocabulary.  He's saying new words every day but I remember this with Will, there seems to be even more frustration at this point.  We have SO MUCH SCREAMING.  On Monday we all felt like removing his vocal chords.  Amelia is good too, but she has not been sleeping much during the day.  Maybe it's because all the kids are home and there's so much fun to look at, but I still need some naps in order to cope.  Luckily she sleeps through the night about half the time.  I am still shocked every time it happens.  

So here's some of what we've been up to:

Last week we went to my parent's house so Will and Giselle could attend Camp Springcroft (we went last year too).  It's a cute neighborhood camp that is 2 doors down from my parents, it was started by the moms, and now their college-aged daughters run it.  These kids LOVED it.  Maddie stayed home since she was really too old for camp and had some babysitting jobs lined up. Ty remodeled the kids' bathroom which I'll save for another post.  

While there, we went to the Adventure Science museum.  I bought a membership last year (big families make it worth it) and we were able to use it again!  Fun, free, not crowded, it was great.  
This is me with my kids.  I know I am huge but I want my kids to see me having fun with them (Wyatt was indeed having fun despite his resistance to a picture).  Ever since I read that article about taking pictures with our kids even though we don't look like what we want, fat, bad hair etc. I've tried to just let it go and take the picture.  My kids love me despite my size.
 Wyatt mostly played trains.  He got a little braver as time went on and we explored some other parts.
 Amelia was great at hanging out.  Most of the time I wear her, but we were taking a break in the stroller.


At my parents' house.  This was a special face Will made when I told him I wanted to take his picture.  I think he gets embarrassed when I want to photograph his inventions.  I do it because they're cute!

And here's Wybee and my mom at the Cool Springs Galleria.  They have a beautiful, tiny carousel from the 1920s.  He rode around and didn't have a tantrum getting off.
Side story: there was one other little girl on the ride.  She was waving to her mom because she saw me waving to Wyatt.  Her mom never looked up from her phone.  Sad.  (I waved to her too).


This is nothing special except I was showing Maddie how nice their Walmart is.  Their Walmart is way nicer than our target.  Memphis is such a hole, and well Franklin is really nice.  They were even shooting a commercial when we were there.

 This is an adorable house just built in Franklin.  I love it.  
 At the park.


Big buns and little stacked feet.  This girl is so so sweet.  


It went by fast but I was glad to be home.  It's just hard for me to function outside of my domain.  I can find the diapers and wipes and it's fairly baby proof and I know where things go, but it was still a nice break from constant cleaning and cooking.  So thank you mom and dad!!!

6 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Looks like a blast was had by all. I struggle taking pictures too, but try after that article. Sigh. I love that they will know we were with them though, and not just on our phones. (Though sometimes I find I'm clicking a camera rather than just enjoying the time.)

Barlow Fam said...

PS Your mama looks beautiful!

Damie said...

A is getting so big! I recognize an outfit :) yes, take pics. I don't even recognize myself in pics anymore, but, our kids don't care :) love ya and miss ya!

Nancy said...

It won't always be this hectic. Trust me. But right now it will seem like it will last for eternity!! Great photos!! After I get back from Utah I can come over and help out with the little kids. Can't wait to see the home projects, too. What foods can I cook and bring??

Nancy said...

It won't always be this hectic. Trust me. But right now it will seem like it will last for eternity!! Great photos!! After I get back from Utah I can come over and help out with the little kids. Can't wait to see the home projects, too. What foods can I cook and bring??

Carrie said...

Sounds so fun! My mom keeps trying to get us to Utah this summer, but it's not gonna' happen. Miss you guys!