I guess it's just time to update. Not much going on here. Once again the week flew by...
- Monday I read a book pretty much all day.
- Tuesday Wyb got his stitches out. It looks good. I don't know why I expected it to look perfect when they were removed, but it of course didn't. Still, everyday the swelling goes down and looks better and better.
- Wednesday I spent the entire day making baby food for the wee babe. He's pretty good at eating whatever we throw at him, but I do love those pouches of puree. It's the convenience I love. Sit him down, hand him some food. That's how I usually occupy him while I'm cooking dinner. I made 49 pouches in these flavors: Sweet Potato+Corn+Apple, Sweet Potato+blueberry+pumpkin, spinach+apple, Blueberry+Beet+Banana+Quinoa, Carrot+Apple+Parsnip, Sweet Potato+Mango. I have more pears and bananas to use, they just weren't ripe. We also went to the Science Fair where Maddie won 2nd Place. Go Maddie! And then to a mother-daughter Activity Day dinner. Very sweet.
- Thursday was my birthday. I most looked forward to a day off the diet. I had pancakes for breakfast, leftover lentil soup for lunch (with Ty) and Jason's Deli for dinner with the whole family. It was a nice, pleasant day. The sun was shining, I got lots of neglected laundry done and I got to finish my book. I'd say that's the perfect middle-aged birthday!
- Friday Will and I had a playdate at the park with one of his classmates. The mom is a certified Bradley Childbirth coach and doula as well as an optical engineer (think lasers and missiles). Needless to say we had lots to talk about. Except for the engineering part. That was way over my head.
- Saturday. That's today. We started the day with a family council about the state of the house and instructed the kids to purge their bedrooms. Of course that means we now have a huge pile of nonsense in the living room that I am expected to think about, sort and get rid of. Sooooo, it's still sitting there.
That's about it! I was trying to figure out why I don't have much to blog about these days and I think it's cause we don't have a house project going on! Luckily we are about to start on the upstairs bathroom, and then the kitchen! Yay! That should be fun!