- This picture is from last month, but I feel like it captures this part of the world fairly accurately. Cracks me up. I have been feeling creative, and stifled at the same time. I have a big project to-do list and finally I got one little thing done on Friday. Little. It felt so good. I want to do something creative everyday, even if it's small. But not with camo.
- I had a lovely 24 hour bug Friday night to Saturday night. We had just been reading in 2nd Nephi about opposition to all things and I was talking about not knowing health unless we feel sick etc. and then just wham! I was knocked out with fever and body aches. OK, OK I know and appreciate healthy! Let me stay healthy!
- Grateful for my hubby and family who took care of me. I think I got more sleep yesterday than I have the past 8-9 months combined. That Wybee takes a toll on my health. Will was very sweet--he came up to me almost in tears saying how sorry he was that I was sick. Love that guy.
- I am grateful for every Sunday done. I am feeling more comfortable in my calling (still hate hearing my myself) but I don't think I do a good job teaching the song. Games, gimmicks, fun, yes, but I've always been a lousy teacher. We videoed the kids singing today and I was singing and holding the camera and that was a big mistake. Way too much of my voice. Totally out of tune. Ugh.
- Tomorrow I start a weight-loss challenge with a group of friends on facebook. I'm pretty excited about it because I'm fairly certain I'll win :-). There's a cash prize. A major award, really. I've been working on weight-loss since the 1st of the year (I guess if the baby weight isn't coming off on it's own by now I will actually have to work at it!) And I've lost 10.5 lbs since then. In fact I saw a number on the scale that made me very happy today. It may be in part to the 24- hour bug of course, but I don't really care except that my initial weigh-in number is lower to start with. No padding that with extra clothes and water... I will just have to work harder this week. And no, I'm not going to purchase any camo with the prize money...
Sunday, January 13, 2013
Posted by emily at 11:52 PM