- What is your favorite color? Mint green
- What is the food you eat the most? Potatoes
- What is your favorite treat? Brownies and BlueBell Ice cream
- What is your favorite subject in school? uhhhhhh, (long pause) history?
- What is your favorite sport? Cross country and track
- What is your favorite hobby? musical stuff
- What is your favorite movie? Lars and the Real Girl
- What is your favorite tv show? DWTS
- What is your favorite book? Maze Runner
- What is your favorite animal? owl
- What is your favorite song? Rude
- What is your favorite restaurant? Taco Cabana
- What is your favorite vegetable? green beans
- What is your favorite fruit? apples
- What is your favorite place to visit? Texas
- Where do you WANT to visit some day? New York and Heaven
- Who is your best friend? Rachel and Carmen
- What’s your favorite thing to do with Giselle? Make up dance routines
- What’s your favorite thing to do with your brothers? Play soccer outside
- What’s your favorite thing to do with Dad? Go shopping
- What’s your favorite thing to do with Mom? Sit on the computer and play pinterest
- Where do you think you’ll go to college? BYU
- Where do you think you might want to serve a mission? Provo
- Where do you think you might get married? Seattle WA
- What do you want to be when you grow up? hairstylist and a mom
- What is one thing you want to learn how to do? play the piano and sing
- What is one of your greatest talents? reading music
- What are some of your other strengths? hard working (mom rolls eyes here)
- What is something that you wish for? A best friend who lives next door who's a Mormon and likes everything I like
- What is something you wonder about? What my new school is like
- Who is someone that you miss? No one, dad I guess, maybe
- What makes you nervous? going to a new school
- What makes you happy? Ikea
- What age do you look forward to – and why? 18 because you're still in high school but you're about to go to college and move out.
- What will you miss about Tennessee? Nothing. I hate this place. I guess my friends.
- What are you looking forward to in Texas? The air is better, Ikea, my new bedroom, jack and jill bathroom I share with just Elle. A better school, living in a neighborhood with a pool. New ward.
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Thursday, October 09, 2014
I'm pretty new to the world of pattern testing, but I LOVE it. It's kind of like Project Runway, but less drama. Indie pattern designers need people to sew up their designs, offer feedback and then photograph them. Sewing, technical writing, photography. Me, me, me again.
So when the chance to test Dress No. 15 (in knits) came up, I was so excited! I knew Allison's patterns were clear, easy to follow and would have quality finishes. This dress did not disappoint and is in fact Giselle's go-to outfit. It's suitable for all seasons, sandals for warm weather, sweater,boots, and leggings for cooler weather. It's comfortable with the shirred elastic waistband and super cute with the adjustable shoulder ties.
We made both versions, one with the asymmetrical hemline (which I adore!) and one with the straight hem (which is Giselle's fave). Now, I shall overload you with pictures:
Monday, October 06, 2014
I have so much to blog about, and I know I will regret not doing it, but I can't seem to make myself sit down and write it all out. It's so overwhelming. There's a lot going on around here:
We sold our house (5 days on market)
Tyler started his new job in Richardson (we miss him)
We all drove down to Dallas for some house-hunting (very depressing)
We will be homeless in less than 20 days (even more depressing)
To block all that out, I have been sewing up a storm. It's keeping me from going insane and really thinking about the fact that we don't have a plan. I do however have faith. And I believe things will all work out fine.
So here are some of my projects I've been working on (all sneak peaks because the patterns have just (or will soon be) released and I'm participating in the official blog hops!):
HERE, or wait for my official blog post, November 7th!)
I've worked on some other items that I haven't photo'd yet and I've got some stuff cut out. I think I'll go sew.